Waxing At Home Accessories
Miss Cire is a leading provider of at-home waxing accessories designed to make at-home waxing so much easier. The same big-wax energy found in our at-home hard wax, warmers and waxing skincare can be found in our at-home wax sticks and more! These at-home waxing accessories enhance the results of your wax application and removal to save you time and ouchies!
Frequently Asked Questions
Miss Cire is giving you a different vibe with our at-home accessories. We’re answering questions from “What do you need to wax at home?” to bringing you all the at-home facial waxing tips. So, follow along with our FAQs answered by a licensed esthetician and waxing educator for everything you need to know about how to use Miss Cire at-home wax accessories.
Aside from the best hard wax, professional-quality wax warmers and superior pre and post-wax care, you need durable, disposable at-home wax sticks in different sizes for the face and body.
Disposable at-home wax sticks are essential for reducing bacteria in your wax pot and on your skin during waxing. They are meant to be dipped into wax once only, applied to your skin, and then disposed of. The different shapes and sizes of disposable waxing spatulas provide different results when using hard wax to create strips on the body, intimate areas, or at-home eyebrow waxing strips.
To be successful at home waxing, you're only as good as your tools. Your at-home wax sticks need to come in the right shapes and sizes to achieve the desired results.
Miss Cire 5.5" Facial Disposable Waxing Spatulas - 100 Ct
This facial applicator is designed to give you clean and precise lines over various skin types. Their thin width and length let you create the perfect at-home eyebrow waxing strips, give tight control over a lip wax and are pretty much awesome for all other facial waxing.
Miss Cire 6" Body Disposable Waxing Spatulas - 100 Ct
This at-home wax stick is the ideal size and shape to create larger hard wax strips over areas like the feet, legs, arms, chest, back and intimate parts. It’s ideal for a smooth and even spread over large areas.
Never dip your wax sticks back into your wax pot after using them. These disposable waxing spatulas can be disposed of easily. Why don’t we double-dip at home? Double-dipping can introduce bacteria, hairs, follicles, sebum and even blood into clean wax. Even if you're only waxing on yourself, it is possible to spread bacteria over skin, leading to breakouts, infections or skin diseases.
What You’ll Need
- A Wall Mirror (you’ll need both hands)
- An Eyebrow Pencil
- Miss Cire Wax Warmer
- Cream Film Hard Wax (Miss Cire Mademoiselle Pink Cream, Luxe Metalic Pink Cream, or Boy Toy Gunmetal Metalic Cream for thicker hair types)
- Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel Cleanser
- 5.5" Disposable Facial At-Home Wax Sticks
- Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion
- Tweezers (but probably not)
At-Home Eyebrow Waxing Tips
- Make sure that your hairs are at least ¼ inch long.
- Wash your hands and face to reduce bacteria exposure.
- Melt the wax according to the directions on the packaging and into a thick honey-like consistency.
- Test wax on your wrist for safety.
- First, apply Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel with a cotton pad over brows and pat dry.
- Using one of your at-home wax sticks, line it up with the middle of your nostril, straight up to your tear duct. Make a mark at where the start of the brow should be. Starting at the same point at the nostril, line up your waxing stick with the edge of the eye, and mark where the stick lines up with where the tail should end. Now, looking straight on, line the spatula through the iris, onward and make a point at the highest point of the brow and make a mark where the top of the arch should be.
- Using these points, outline the brow and even go a little thicker than usual to give you some wiggle room.
- First apply the wax evenly in the hair-growth direction from the lower arch of the brow, down underneath the tail and slightly beyond that.
- Flip-up a little free edge behind the hair as it cools, and press on it with your hands until it sets.
- Hold skin taut at the edge where the tips of hair are (direction of hair growth), grasp the flip and pull the wax off in the opposite direction of hair growth. You can repeat if necessary with hard wax but not soft wax.
- Follow the application steps for under the front of the brow, the center, the outer area of the tail and the top of the brow.
- After you've finished, apply Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion.
Always remember; taste is taste. In the end, it’s up to the individual to decide which waxing strips they’re more comfortable using. Both strip types, however, have pluses and minuses that tip the scale toward why one would want to use one over the other.
Muslin is made from cotton yarn, while non-woven waxing strips are made from long-grain fibers and spun into something very similar to paper.
Both epilating strips are excellent at removing hair.
Muslin Pros and Cons
Extremely strong and flexible over skin, but frays at the edges and can be messy. They’re more costly than non-woven waxing strips. They absorb wax, making the wax seep through when rubbing onto the client’s skin, making the waxer’s hands sticky.
Non-Woven Waxing Strips Pros and Cons
Cost-effective upfront and during services because you can place them up to five times over an area before needing to use another one. They are cut clean and don’t bleed through, making for a neater service.