Waxing At Home Treatments
When in doubt, do as the pros do – use pre and after-wax care at home for face and body when waxing! Before and after waxing hair removal, the skin must be kept free from bacteria, inflammation, and free radical damage – some of the leading causes of post-wax breakouts, hair breakage, ingrown hairs and skin lifting! This takes specialized ingredients to keep skin clean, protected and hydrated. Use the best at-home waxing skincare from Miss Cire to help prevent the post-waxing blues and keep skin looking and feeling its best.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve tried at-home waxing before but never felt you got the results you were looking for, it might have come down to how you were (or weren’t) doing your pre and after-wax care at home for face and body. Get the smooth skin you’ve been craving by checking out these FAQs answered by a licensed esthetician to get to know your skin, waxing and waxing skincare a whole lot better to leave skin looking and feeling better than before!
When you’re waxing at home, pre-wax skincare like Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel is what you need to prepare the skin for the waxing process. Products like these do these essential tasks: cleanse skin so that the wax works at its best, soothe, nourish and protect your natural skin barrier and help avoid post-wax breakouts, skin lifting and hair breakage.
Using the best pre-wax care gel removes excess oil and sweat, lotion, makeup, deodorant or perfumes that get in the way of your wax. These drama-causing nasties can lead to uneven hair growth and skin eruptions after waxing, even affecting future waxing results.
A high-quality pre-wax care product like Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel needs to target many things to keep skin safe, soothed and prepped for your best waxing life. Your at-home pre-wax care needs to cleanse away debris while opening up hair follicles and softening skin. It should also give skin a barrier of protection that doesn’t get in the way of your waxing results.
The best pre-wax care products should include Witch Hazel to gently cleanse and Lavender and cooling Cucumber to soothe and protect. These natural extracts can help balance and nourish the skin while keeping it feeling fresh and clean.
Ingredients to Avoid
Avoid alcohol or talc-based powder (using the right pre-wax care gel should make it so that you don’t need powder since it’s another thing that can get in the way of your wax doing its job). These ingredients can strip the skin's protective barrier, leading to increased chances of skin lifting, hair breakage and post-wax breakouts.
After-wax care at home for face and body consists of the products you use after waxing to cleanse, nourish and protect with essential ingredients that calm redness and inflammation. These products also help prolong your at-home waxing results and make skin look amazing. Not using the right post-wax care products can leave skin inflamed and exposed to bacteria and debris that can cause breakouts. We recommend using Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion and Ingrown No More Ingrown Hair Serum.
To keep the skin feeling fresh, nourished and protected, use a combination of after-wax care at home for face and body, such as Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion and Ingrown No More Ingrown Hair Serum. These products use powerful ingredients that can help speed up recovery time, prolong waxing results and reduce ingrown hairs and post-wax breakouts while improving the skin's overall condition.
Products like these use ingredients like Green Tea Extract to help cleanse and reduce inflammation and redness. They help prevent post-wax breakouts and hyperpigmentation with Pomegranate Extract, which is high in antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect the skin from free radical damage. Another great ingredient is Grape Seed Extract, which is known to help speed up the recovery time and protect against breakouts, or Gotu Kola Extract, which can help boost collagen production and further improve the skin's antioxidant levels.
YES! Pre and after-wax care at home for face and body are fundamental parts of the waxing process to avoid big-time skin damage from waxing. Pre and post-wax care also work hard to make your wax work the way it should. Even if you’re using the highest-quality wax from Miss Cire, ensure using the best pre and post-wax products to keep skin clean, clear and protected before, after and in between your at-home waxing sessions.
Before and after waxing, you must take the necessary steps to ensure that your skin is well cared for. Follow these pre and post-treatment tips for a safe and effective at-home wax.
- Know your skin type and use the best wax for your skin’s specific needs and concerns.
- Before waxing, take the necessary steps to ensure that your skin is well cared for. One of the most important steps is to exfoliate 24 hours before, after, and once or twice a week in between hair removal to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- For women and those who menstruate, avoid waxing around the time of your period.
- Before waxing, drink enough water and eat healthy foods to maintain a balanced skin and gut microbiome to help keep skin looking its best.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before waxing to reduce blood thinning, the jitters, dehydration and tightened pores.
- Only use the best products available for at-home hair removal when waxing. These include the finest pre and after-wax care at home for face and body, wax and warmers from Miss Cire.
- After waxing, avoid going to the gym, swimming, or baths, as these could allow bacteria to grow.
- Stay clear of harsh products such as chemicals, perfume, or retinoids for at least 48 hours after waxing. Try an after-waxing at-home oil to stop ingrown hairs or Miss Cire Ingrown No More Serum.
Here are some tips to help prevent post-waxing breakouts.
- Start by using the best possible pre and after-wax care at home for face and body to minimize your chances of “waxne.” We love Miss Cire’s pre and post-wax care line.
- Even if you have oily skin, use products that contain ingredients that nourish and hydrate your skin.
- Avoid sweaty activities, pools or baths that can stimulate bacteria growth or cause inflammation after waxing.
- Eating foods containing trans fats, white flour, and sugar right before and after waxing, take away resources from your body that should be going to skin protection and healing, so try to steer clear and eat nutrient-rich foods instead.
- Do what you can to limit stress. High-stress levels can cause hormonal changes in your body, leading to excessive oil production and inflammation known to cause acne.
- If you’re wondering, can you do a Brazilian wax at home – yes you can! The best way to do an at-home Brazilian wax is to use the best waxing products and pre and after-Brazilian wax care at home while following these tips.
- Be sure that your hair is at least ¼-inch long. If it’s too short, it won’t get removed by the wax; too long and it can be more painful – trim if need be. It’s best to wait about three weeks in between Brazilian waxing hair removal before doing it again.
- A day before, after and once a week in between waxing, get rid of dead skin cells by exfoliating.
- Take pain medicine a half-hour before Brazilian waxing if needed.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing that are made from cotton or linen after Brazilian waxing.
- Drinking alcohol and caffeine can cause dehydration and tighten the pores, increasing discomfort before and after waxing.
- If you’re taking medications, ensure they don’t affect the skin's sensitivity to waxing. Ask a board-certified dermatologist when it’s safe to wax after you’ve used things like retinoids before waxing to avoid skin lifting or wax burns.
- After Brazilian waxing, avoid activities that can cause friction, sweat, or bacteria.
- Your after-Brazilian wax care at home should be cleansing, soothing and hydrating. We recommend using Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion and Ingrown No More Serum.
- Don’t shave between your Brazilian hair removal sessions to reduce the risk of ingrown hair and post-treatment breakouts.