There’s no age limit for waxing. However, as we age, it can be more challenging to wax thin and fragile skin that often comes with mature skin types. Here at Miss Cire, we not only provide you with a full line of wax for mature skin, but we show you how to use them to improve the look of mature skin along with superior hair removal. We’re all about waxing as a form of skincare. That’s why our formulas are made to stimulate blood flow and collagen production and to hydrate and replenish. So when you wax older skin, it doesn’t just stay smooth – it glows!
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR SKIN IS MATURE?
Mature skin isn’t just about aging; it’s about how you treat your skin and body as you do it. Sun damage, dehydration, inflammation, and free radical damage are some of the leading causes of skin aging. All of these are affected by diet and lifestyle.
Characteristics of Mature Skin
When we wax thin and fragile skin the right way, it can become more supple-looking and radiant.
The best wax for mature skin should include high-quality ingredients that help soothe and hydrate to keep skin safe. Miss Cire’s hard and soft wax formulas are designed to wax older skin at a low-temperature melting point and have protective properties that leave skin feeling silky-smooth.
BEST HARD WAX FOR MATURE SKIN
Film hard wax is a fabulous face or body wax for mature skin. Our hard wax only grips hairs – not skin, so it works well with the qualities of mature skin.
The skin barrier of mature skin needs to be at its strongest, hairs need to be softened, and skin needs to be clean and free from product residue, debris and bacteria for a successful wax. Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel does all this to ensure that you avoid skin lifting, redness, and irritation when you wax older skin.
Improve mature skin’s ability to retain water after waxing hair removal with Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion. It helps remove wax residue and soothes irritation and redness while moisturizing to help to lock in hydration.
Apply Miss Cire Ingrown No More Serum to oh-so-gently exfoliate, speed skin recovery, and reduce the appearance of sun damage, fine lines, and wrinkles to keep mature skin looking bomb AF.
Begin by using nourishing waxing products to wax thin and fragile skin.
Your Waxing Warm Up
- Ensure that you’re using the best wax for mature skin.
- Turn on your warmer and turn the dial to the desired temperature written on your wax packaging.
- Melt wax down to a thick honey-like consistency for hard wax and a liquid for soft wax. Meltdowns can take approx. 20 minutes.
- Keep stirring the wax from the outer edge of the pot while checking on how your wax is behaving.
- Pay attention to the temperature of the wax to ensure that it's reacting properly.
- Check your wax’s heat on the inside of your wrist to ensure it’s safe to apply over mature skin
Waxing Mature Skin Prep
- Wash your hands.
- Cleanse the area with Miss Cire Pre-Depilatory Cooling Gel.
Applying Wax Over Mature Skin
- Work in smaller areas over mature skin to have more control over it.
- If a particular area is significantly thin, wrinkled, or loose, hold skin taut as you apply wax in the direction of hair growth.
- When using soft wax for mature skin, apply it thin and place and press a non-woven wax strip over it. Allow hard wax to set for a second, then press over it. Pressing helps the wax to adhere over hairs evenly. Never go over an area more than once with soft wax. You can reapply when using hard wax; just pay attention to the skin’s response. One pass is all skin can handle if it looks too red or inflamed.
- Don’t double-dip your wax stick back into the pot to avoid getting bacteria into your wax and cross-contaminating skin. Dispose of each waxing stick after each use.
How to Safely Remove Wax Strips from Mature Skin
- Hold mature skin extra taut and keep it anchored with one hand as you pull off your strip in the opposite direction of hair growth with the other hand.
- Pull straight back, never up and out when waxing mature skin. If you see skin raising up with the wax strip you’re removing, stop, re-anchor the skin, or remove in spurts.
- Taking a deep breath before each pull can help minimize discomfort.
- After pulling off each strip, press on the area to soothe the skin.
- When you’re all finished, immediately apply Miss Cire Post-Depilatory Emulsion to soothe, cleanse, protect and remove any remaining wax residue.
Waxing After Care for Mature Skin
- After waxing, wear loose clothing (cotton and linen fabrics are best), and avoid hot baths or pools until the next day.
- Only use gentle, nourishing, moisturizing products on mature skin after waxing. 24 hours after waxing, use Miss Cire Ingrown No More Hair Serum to boost the skin barrier and keep it clean and clear.
- Exfoliate once a week in between your waxing sessions to keep skin clear and smooth.
- Use heavy creams or moisturizers over damp skin to lock in moisture and keep skin soft.
- Consult a board-certified dermatologist if you experience swelling or redness even a few days after waxing.
Pro Tip: Be sure to shut off, unplug your warmer, and put the lid back on when you're not using it.